Luton Airport is one of the oldest airports in the United Kingdom and it is the 5th biggest passenger airport in the UK. According to reliable statistics, the airport is being used by more than 9 million passengers annually and the figure increases every year.
In fact, the annual figure will hit 15 million in the next couple of years. One of its attractive qualities is the fact that it is close to London as it is just 21 minutes away from London for passengers coming by rail.
It is always very busy because it provides direct and indirect flights to countless popular destinations in Europe.
It provides flights to the following destinations in Europe:
· Salzburg and Vienna in Austria
· Varna, Bourgeois and Sofia in Bulgaria
· Zadar, Split and Dubrovnik in Croatia
· Paphus and Larnaca Regions in Cyprus
· Brno and Prague in Czech Republic
· Copenhagen in Denmark
· Paris, Lyon and Nice in France
· Berlin, Munich and Hamburg in Germany
· Zante, Corfu and Crete in Greece
· Debrecen and Budapest in Hungary
· Reykjavik in Iceland
· Dublin, Knock and Count Kerry in Ireland
· Eilat and Tel Aviv in Israel
· Pristina in Kosovo
· Rome, Venice and Naples in Italy
· Riga in Latvia
· Vilnius, Palanga and Kaunas in Lithuania
· Ohrid and Skopje in Macedonia
· A couple of cities in Malta and in Madeira
· Chisinau in Moldova
· Amsterdam in Netherlands
· Gdansk, Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland
· Algarve, Porto and Lisbon in Portugal
· Iasi, Sibiu and Bucharest in Romania
· Belgrade in Serbia
· Poprad and Kosice in Slovakia
· Ljubljana in Slovenia
· Ibiza, Menorca and Majorca in Spain
· Zurich, Geneva and Basel in Switzerland
· Stockholm in Sweden
· Dalaman, Bodrum and Antalya region in Turkey
The airport also provides local flights to almost all popular destinations in the UK. It provides flights to Scotland and the flight will cover Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness as they are all along the flight route. It takes less than one hour to fly from the Airport to Belfast in Ireland.
Luton Airport also provides flights to destinations outside Europe. You can get flights from the airport to Mumbai in India and both Beijing and Hong Kong in China. You can also get flights from Luton Airport to some destinations in Africa like Essaouira and Marrakech in Morocco and some major cities in Egypt and Tunisia.
One of the reasons Luton Airport is very busy is because travellers can get the services of low cost airlines to majour destinations. Besides, you can also catch a train or get a taxi easily in the airport no matter what time it is. It takes less than one hour to get to most majour cities in the UK from Luton Airport.